Greetings – I am honored to be serving on the District 1 Board and partnering with the officers and directors in supporting excellent communication with the Zone Directors and officers of each Lodge. I served as Zone 4 director for the past six years and previously 4 years as alternate Zone Director. Attending lodge meetings along with International and District conventions has provided me with many experiences and heighten my interest to continue working with and for local Lodges. In partnership with others, I hope we see enhanced growth in membership and creative, exciting and FUN cultural events for your membership and community.
Member of Mjøsen Lodge 1-175 since 1990
Currently Lodge Publicity Director, Past president, vice president & sport director
Retired from University of Minnesota Extension Service (1976-2009) BS (1967) & MS (1969) Agricultural Engineering Degree from NDSU
- Married to Susan Miller /Wright for 52 years, 3 children and 7 grandkids (Sue has taught our kids and all the grandkids how to make lefse)
- Maternal grandparents’ Peter Rogstad (1906 – Kongsberg, Norway) and Karen Østhagen (1907 – Rendalen, Norway) emigrated to Minnesota; 1912 married and homesteaded near Lostwood, North Dakota.
- Visited Norway 4 times and have connected with many 2nd cousins in the Kongsberg and Rendalen areas and keep in touch with them regularly thru email and Facebook.
- Involved with the Glenwood Lions, Glenwood Lutheran Church, Morris Lutheran Campus Ministry, Irrigators Association of Minnesota.
- Enjoy gardening, photography, genealogy, traveling and visiting grandkids and relatives.