2022 District 1 Sons of Norway Convention
June 1 – 4, 2022
Cragun’s Resort on Gull Lake in Brainerd, MN
Theme: Steeped in Tradition , Aiming for the Future
- The District 1 Convention is being sponsored by Sagatun Lodge #18 in Brainerd, MN and will be held at Cragun’s Resort on Gull Lake. Cragun’s Resort will be handling delegate registration and hotel reservations. Reservation information will be posted as it becomes available.
District 1 Convention Timeline and Reminders
AUGUST -SEPTEMBER 2021
To all lodges: a reminder to elect your delegates and alternates early. Lodges that do not have lodge business meetings in the winter months, please elect delegates and alternates before the winter break. Lodges must send list of delegates and alternates to District Secretary, Diane Halvorson by MARCH 1st.
Reminder to all lodges: each lodge is entitled to have Two (2) delegates and alternates as well as one (1) delegate and alternate for every 100 lodge member or major fraction thereof. Because there was no 2020 convention, new lodge delegates will need to be elected. However, delegates who did not get to attend in 2020 are welcome to become lodge delegates for 2022.
To all lodges: as information becomes available look to the District Website and any links about the convention and things you will need to watch for and do. A list of critical deadlines about the convention will be posted from time to time.
To all lodges: as of January you will be able to contact District Secretary Diane Halvorson about the number of delegates and alternates your lodge can have.
All lodges should be electing their delegates and alternates during this month.
All lodges should send in their list of delegates to District Secretary Diane Halvorson.
To any delegates interested in a position on the District Board needs to do the following: 1. Fill out the application form available on the District Website, mail one copy to District Secretary Diane Halvorson and a copy to the District Nominating Committee for vetting of candidates.
All lodges that have not elected their delegates and alternates need to do so before March 1st 2022.
All delegates and alternates need to check the District Website for caucus dates for Zone.
Zone directors will be sending out the information about the time and location of the caucus meeting.
The deadline for accepting applications for a District Officer position is early May 2022.
Leadership Workshop (information to be added as it becomes available)
District 1 Folk Art Information:
Information is in PDF format. Click to download the 2020 forms in PDF format. Updated 2022 forms will be added as available.
2022 International Convention Sons of Norway
- August 31 – September 1, 2022.
- First-time delegates arrive for training on August 30.
- Delegates will depart September 2.
- To be held at Omni Viking Lakes Hotel
2611 Nordic Way
Eagan, MN 55121.
- Be sure and watch the virtual tour of the site! https:// youtube/S7TIjcinVCU
- If you are interested in helping HQ with the 2022 International Convention activities, please contact Connie O’Brien (COBrien@sofn.com). There are several committees that will need volunteer help.
- More information to be added as it becomes available.